The system is operational on the company field-site for more than three years without a single malfunction.
SolarWat products in pre-certification stage for commercialization.
=> SLW is disrupting the trade off
between cost and efficiency
Unique benefits of the last developed SolarWat System compared to commonly used and Optimized PV
The SolarWat technology is a modular system and comprised of several components (products): an Innovative Solar Panel, an Innovative Electronic Device and a Remote-Control and Monitoring Cloud-Based System. SolarWat may be used with all components or just with part of them, according to applications and cost requirements.
SolarWat’s breakthrough solar technology features a holistic PV system that uses conventional solar cells and inverters with an innovative SolarWat system. SolarWat innovation delay cells aging, avoids hot spot effect, minimizes the effect of malfunctioned or broken solar cells, or disconnected soldering points that substantially increases the energy yield, lifespan of the panel, panel reliability and allows for higher yield under varied shading conditions and at low sun angle, therefore maximizing the energy produced per given area (by allowing to place panels closer to each other, disregarding self-shading).
The SolarWat Panel may be implemented with all types of solar cells (mono/polycrystalline, transparent-conductor PV cells, bifacial and thin film technology) and add entire advantages of our technology to each one of the cells types. SolarWat panel manufacturing process is similar to the Regular Panel process and uses the same materials.
Seal of excellence was awarded by European Commission, the EU Framework Programme for Research and innovation 2014-2020. See more ...
Comparative tests conducted by the Fraunhofer Institute (the largest organization for applied research in Europe) on previous SolarWat system model, demonstrate that SolarWat outperforms conventional and optimized systems.
The report issued by the Fraunhofer Institute from June 2017 shows that the SolarWat based PV system produces much higher power yield than standard PV systems:
- Under different partial shading scenarios, the SolarWat advantage is between 26.5% - 1780% more energy
- In full sunshine without any shading SolarWat produces between 4.3% - 6.2% more energy
With SolarWat, the hotspot effect is completely eliminated. Hotspots are a major cause of energy loss over time and accelerate the aging process of PV systems.
|SW module with a single cell
shaded to provoke a hotspot
|REG panel with a single cell
shaded to provoke a hotspot
Source: RETC report .
SolarWat Test Site in Even Yehuda, Israel.
The SolarWat system offers:
- Higher real-world return on investment (ROI)
- The only technology that increases the power yield by 10% of a utility scale system, and reducing by 7% the system’s €/W
- Hundreds of percent more yield under partial shading - best for densely populated areas and for commercial / residential / BIPV applications
- Greater energy density per unit area
- Higher energy yield over systems’ life of operation.
- Doubling lifespan of PV systems
- Better reliability
- Especially beneficial for European climate and Northern territories
- Very good for southern regions
- Flexibility to implement with various solar cells and inverter technologies
- An intelligent cloud-based system with monitoring, command & control functions
- Diverse applicability - from utility scale, residential and commercial to BIPV, solar roads, spacecraft and more
- Safety – electrocution prevention for installers and firefighters.