The system is operational on the company field-site for more than three years without a single malfunction.
Based on mutual agreement with a famous manufacturer of automatic lines for manufacturing SolarWat innovative panels, SolarWat offers a full turnkey solution for manufacturing a new era of innovative panels that provides more power, etc., at a lower Cost/W.
=> SLW is disrupting the trade off
between cost and efficiency
Unique benefits of the last developed SolarWat System compared to commonly used and Optimized PV
SolarWat is an Israeli company that has developed patent-protected an innovative and comprehensive solar technology that consists of:
a) Innovative PV panel technology that provides significantly higher power yield under most possible conditions, substantially extends the PV panel life span, decreases energy derating during panel life, and more.
b) Innovative PV panel manufacturing technology (for both SWCT or Conventional process) that decreases significantly the panel cost per watt.
SolarWat innovation delay cells aging, avoids hot spot effect, minimizes the effect of malfunctioned or broken solar cells, or disconnected soldering points that substantially increases the energy yield, lifespan of the panel, panel reliability, decreases energy derating during lifespan of the panel and allows higher yield under varied shading conditions and at low sun angle, therefore maximizing the energy produced per given area (by allowing to place panels closer to each other, disregarding self-shading).
The SolarWat Panel may be implemented with all types of solar cells (mono/polycrystalline, heterojunction, transparent-conductor PV cells, bifacial and thin film technology) and add entire advantages of our technology to each one of the cells types. SolarWat panel manufacturing process is similar to the Regular Panel process and uses the same materials.
Seal of excellence was awarded by European Commission, the EU Framework Programme for Research and innovation 2014-2020. See more ...
Comparative tests conducted by the Fraunhofer Institute (the largest organization for applied research in Europe) on previous SolarWat system model, demonstrate that SolarWat outperforms conventional and optimized systems.
The report issued by the Fraunhofer Institute shows that the SolarWat based PV system produces much higher power yield than standard PV systems:
- Under different partial shading scenarios, the SolarWat advantage is between 26.5% - 1780% more energy
- In full sunshine without any shading SolarWat produces between 4.3% - 6.2% more energy
With SolarWat, the hotspot effect is completely eliminated. Hotspots are a major cause of energy loss over time and accelerate the aging process of PV systems.
In addition SolarWat developed an Electronic Power Optimizer and a Remote-Control and Monitoring Cloud-Based System as add-ons components. For roof-top applications it may be considered to use SolarWat panel with all components or just with part of them, according to relevant applications and cost requirements.
|SW module with a single cell
shaded to provoke a hotspot
|REG panel with a single cell
shaded to provoke a hotspot
Source: RETC report .
SolarWat Test Site in Even Yehuda, Israel.
The SolarWat system offers:
- Higher real-world return on investment (ROI)
- The only technology that increases the power yield by 10% of a utility scale system, and reducing the system’s €/W
- Hundreds of percent more yield under partial shading - best for densely populated areas and for commercial / residential / BIPV applications
- Greater energy density per unit area
- Higher energy yield over systems’ life of operation.
- Doubling lifespan of PV systems
- Better reliability
- Especially beneficial for European climate and Northern territories
- Very good for southern regions
- Flexibility to implement with various solar cells and inverter technologies
- Diverse applicability - from utility scale, residential and commercial to BIPV, sidewalks and road PV paving, spacecraft and more.